Berryman Cemetery Cemetery

Berryman Cemetery Cemetery
Cherokee County, Texas


Berryman Cemetery is located 3 miles northeast of Alto, on the old Forest Hills Plantation. The log house known as Forest Hills was built in 1847 on the property that was part of the original grant for which James Dill, first alcalde of Nacogdoches, petitioned the Spanish government in 1802. An alcalde is a chief administrative and judicial officer of a Spanish town. This cemetery was catalogued in 1973.

Barryman, Capt. Henry 2-23-1798 d. 7-20-1859 (born in Westmoreland County, Va.)
Berryman, Josephine 1-13-1839 d. 4-21-1849
Berryman, Mrs. Helena 9-8-1804 d. 3-13-1888 (born in Nacogdoches, Tex.)
Berryman, W.H. 3-18-1844 d. 2-14-1922
Berryman, Elmina Harrison 7-29-1846 d. 12-19-1895
Berryman, Henry Harrison 9-4-1870 d. 9-26-1945
Berryman, Emma Watters 2-4-1873 d. 10-24-1946
Berryman, Bernice 9-2-1882 d. 4-6-1907 (wife of J.D., daughter of H.A. & Ada Williams)
Dishman, Virginia September 1860 d. August 1861

Back to Middle Cherokee County Cemetery Page

Back to Main Cherokee County Cemetery Page